Wednesday, March 14, 2012

suzhou saturday

last saturday my coworker and friend vanessa played our tour guide to her hometown suzhou, just 1 1/2 hours outside shanghai. it was great to get out of the city for a day and check out this famous water village.

we saw some beautiful gongyuans (park), small walking streets, canals and waterways and of course had some tasty food.


on the boat ride through town

watching another boat go through town

later next week im heading back to nyc. cant believe my first trip back is already here. very excited to show off my new clothes and buy a ton of trader joe snacks to bring back with me! here is my abbreviated list of things to buy:

1. dried cherries
2. granola
3. make up (yes they sell make up here but the darkest shade is 'creamy ivory', ha)
4. fitted sheets from sam's club. seriously that thread count is a deal, even for china!
5. bisquik mix
6. nail polish (cheapest 'name brand' one is like 40 kuai and the others are apparently made of paint thinner)
7. popcorn
8. deodorant (yeah)
9. kraft mac n cheese - special request from my zhongwen laoshi (my teacher); she also asked for string cheese but i told her it would might be difficult.

also did you guys know that the chinese govt can control the weather here? ok my naivete/mao pride got the best of me with this one. but now im fascinated and obsessed with how smart these people are. magic.

ooooookkkkkk this was a quick one but i had to prove i was alive for those of you who don't like to email or gchat. will post after the weekend, when i receive my taobao purchase of my new hello kitty bathroom set! small wins! #jeremylinisnttheonlyasianthingtobeobsessedwith

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your visit to NYC. Let's head to Chinatown!

    ReplyDelete